2021 GENERAL ELECTION: ARPAC Supported City Council Candidates
October 8, 2021
Your fellow REALTORS® have worked hard to analyze races, review voting records, and interview candidates. Before you cast your ballot, please consider the candidates that your colleagues have identified as the most qualified to make important decisions that will impact the future of the real estate industry.
The Atlanta REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC) supports local candidates in the metro Atlanta area who share our position on issues such as protecting property rights, promoting smart growth, creating affordable housing opportunities, and encouraging economic development -- regardless of partisan affiliation.
Candidate screening interviews took place throughout the month of September and early October. A joint candidate screening sub-committee interviewed candidates running in the City of Atlanta, Alpharetta, Brookhaven, Chamblee, Doraville, Dunwoody, Johns Creek, Roswell and Sandy Springs. Below is a list of the candidates selected by the sub-committee and approved by the ARPAC Board of Trustees..
Candidates are selected based on their responses to the interview questions, their electability, campaign organization, and where appropriate, their record of support/voting for REALTOR® issues.
City of Atlanta
- Mayor – Andre Dickens
- Post One - At-Large - Michael Julian Bond (Incumbent)
- Post Two – At-Large – Matt Westmoreland (Incumbent)
- Post Three – At-Large – Jodi Merriday (Open Seat)
- Council Seat 3 – Byron Amos (Open Seat)
- Council Seat 4 – REALTOR® Kim Scott (Challenger)
- Council Seat 5 – Samuel Bacote (Open Seat)
- Council Seat 6 – Alex Wan (Open Seat)
- Council Seat 9 – Dustin Hillis (Incumbent)
- Council Seat 10 – Andrea Boone (Incumbent)
- Council Seat 11 – Marci Overstreet (Incumbent)
- Council Seat 12 - Joyce Sheperd (Incumbent)
- Post One - REALTOR® Donna Murphy (Challenger)
- Post Two - Brian Will (Open Seat)
- District Two - John Park (Incumbent)
- District Four - John Funny (Open Seat)
- District One - John Mesa (Incumbent)
- District Four - Elmer Veith (Open Seat)
- City Council - REALTOR® Gerald Evans (Incumbent)
- Post Three - Brian Sims
- Mayor - Brian Weaver (Open Seat)
- Post One - Lee Heard Tucker (Open Seat)
- Post Five - REALTOR® Larry DiBiase (Open Seat)
- Post Five - REALTOR® Michael Dal Cerr (Open Seat)
- Mayor - Rusty Paul (Incumbent)
- District Two - Melody Kelley (Open Seat)
- District Four - Tochie Blad (Challenger)
- District Five - Tibby Dejulio (Incumbent)
About the 400N Market Brief
The 400 North Association of REALTORS® (400N) Market Brief is compiled by Georgia Multiple Listing Service (GAMLS). For more information on details of this month's report, please contact the Association at 770.845.4008.
*Each month, the numbers reported for the previous month are updated to reflect additional recordings.
About the 400 North Association of REALTORS®
The 400 North Association serves as a central source of information for our members and our main focus are real estate education, the promotion of professionalism in our industry and representing our REALTOR® members with legislative initiatives to create positive change for the real estate community. Throughout its history, the 400 North Association has exerted its influence in civic affairs in its capacity of representing a substantial segment of the business community across the Forsyth, Dawson and Lumpkin area. The Association has contributed to various charities over the years by hosting fundraisers.
About First Multiple Listing Service
First Multiple Listing Service (FMLS) is the premier data services provider for real estate professionals in Georgia. FMLS was founded in 1957 by a group of Brokers who wanted to share their listings and connect buyers and sellers. Today FMLS is the largest MLS in Georgia & the 4th largest MLS in the United States, serving nearly 54,000 real estate Agents & Brokers. For additional information or to start a discussion about how to partner with FMLS please contact email@example.com.